Senior Java Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation Architecture, Java, Cucumber, Groovy, CI/CD, OO Principles, Hedge Fund, Buy Side, Derivatives, Proprietary OMS Systems
OUTSIDE IR35 Contract – £600 to £800 per day
London – Hybrid working model – 2 to 3 days a week in the office
My client, an extremely reputable Hedge Fund with multiple billions of funds under management, is looking to hire a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the team.
In this role, you will act as a Senior Software Engineer across the business, working closely with business and technology stakeholders to develop and re-write complex systems and build test automation architecture. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise across the Java suite, producing and implementing automated back-end Java testing strategies, managing and extending the current proprietary testing framework and running the agenda for test automation with project development teams.
- In-depth background as a Senior Java Software Engineer, working in complex trading systems environments – exposure to Derivatives, OMS systems, Equity products highly regarded
- Extensive understanding of and experience in building Test Automation Architecture
- Multiple years’ Java Development experience with demonstrable excellence in design, architecture and programming.
- Proven experience and expertise in Groovy
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development and Cucumber.
- Experience with TeamCity for CI/CD
- Strong understanding of the Java language and object-oriented principles.
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to act as the sole SDET across multiple business lines, driving Test strategy whilst remaining technically hands-on